This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
How do I find a research mentor?
There are a few different ways find a mentor:
•Simply look through departmental websites (e.g. NTP), read about the research going on in individual faculty member’s labs and contact a few labs that are interesting to you.
• Check the Wisconsin Discovery Portal to find all faculty on campus that do neuroscience research. You can search by research interest, name, or even collaborator.
• Take a look at the BioCommons website for more tips. • Check out WISCIENCE, participate in the Entering Research Series.
If you’re thinking about careers, set up your profile in Handshake to apply for jobs and internships with employers around the country.
Are study abroad courses accepted in the major?
Yes! We have approved several Study Abroad courses to count toward both the Distributed Neuroscience requirement as well as toward the 30 credits in the Neurobiology Major requirement (please see our requirements page).
Study Abroad courses already accepted in the Neurobiology Major (contact an advisor for more information):
– University of Sydney –Brain and Behaviour
– DIS–Study Abroad in Scandinavia – Neuroplasticity: From Neurons to Behavior
– DIS–Study Abroad in Scandinavia – Neuroscience of Fear
– DIS–Study Abroad in Scandinavia – Psychopharmacology: Substances and the Brain Section A
– DIS–Study Abroad in Scandinavia -The Social Brain: The Neuropsychology of Social Behaviors
Is it possible to double major in Neurobiology and something else?
A double major of Neurobiology and Biology is not allowed, however, a double major with any other major is acceptable. Some examples of majors completed with the Neurobiology major include, Anthropology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Music, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, Zoology.